I am stimulated, guided and refocused by the following health quotes from notable personalities in diverse fields of activities, indeed I treasure them.
1. “One of the biggest tragedies of human civilization is the precedents of chemical therapy over nutrition. It’s a substitution of artificial therapy over nature, of poisons over food, in which we are feeding people poisons trying to correct the reactions of starvation”
.— Dr. Royal Lee
2. “If we doctors threw all our medicines into the sea, it would be that much better for our patients and that much worse for the fishes.”
Supreme Court Justice Oliver Wendel Holmes, MD
3. “The doctor of the future will give no medicine but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and in the cause and prevention of disease.”
– Thomas Edison
4. “All that man needs for health and healing has been provided by God in nature, the challenge of science is to find it.”
5. “For every drug that benefits a patient, there is a natural substance that can achieve the same effect.”
– Dr. Carl C. Pfeiffer
6. “Until man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favour compared with the products of nature, the living cell of the plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.”
– T. A. Edison
7. “And may we ever have gratitude in hearts that the great Creator in all His glory has placed the herbs in the field for our healing.”
– Dr. Edward Bach
8. “The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease.”
9. “A sad soul can kill you quicker than a germ.”
– John Steinbeck
10. “A cough is a symptom, not a disease. Take it to your doctor and he can give you something serious to worry about”
.- Robert Morley
11.” When man is serene, the pulse of the heart flows and connects, just as pearls are joined together or like a string of red jade, then one can talk about a healthy heart.”
– The Yellow Emperor’s Canon of Internal Medicine, 2500 B.C.
12. “Age does not depend upon years, but upon temperament and health. Some men are born old, and some never grow so.”
– Tryon Edwards
13. “We forget ourselves and our destinies in health, and the chief use of temporary sickness is to remind us of these concerns.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson
14. “It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know what sort of disease a person has.”
-Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)
15. “Let thy food be thy medicine and thy medicine be thy food.”
” -Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)
16. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly.”
17. “A weed is a plant whose virtue is not yet known.”
~Ralph Waldo Emerson
18. The doctor has been taught to be interested not in health but in disease. What the public is taught is that health is the cure for disease.”
– Ashley Montagu
19. We achieve inner health only through forgiveness – the forgiveness not only of others but also of ourselves.
– Joshua Loth Liebman
20. “Thousands upon thousands of persons have studied disease. Almost no one has studied health.”
– Adelle Davis
21. ”If people let the government decide what foods they eat and what medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls who live under tyranny.”- Thomas Jefferson
Click on the HOME PAGE http://www.healthbubbles.com/gbfor more health articles.
Dr Gilbert Ezengige is a licensed natural medicine practitioner, lecturer and writer on health and social issues.